The Rise of G+: More Ways than Ever to Go Grow Leads and Sales with Google+
G+ On the Rise
Google+ has 300 million+ in stream active users. A study by Janrain indicates Google+ has continued to grow strong, quickly becoming the second largest social network despite It’s late start (2011) and others have forecast Google+ surpass Facebook by May 2016.
Google Plus guru Martin Shervington on Doable Digital Summit 2014 shares. After knowing about Google Hangouts from Donna Gilliland, we go broader and explore more of Google’s territory. And just like the purpose and goal of any social media platforms, Google Plus has its own unique ways of making online experience a fun, socially-hyped and business-friendly with the goal on ROI. Here’s why..
Why G+ is the place to be
- 22% Online Adults use Google+ on monthly basis
- 42% Use Google+ to interact with brands content
- 70% Of top 100 brands are using Google+
* That’s the same no. who use Twitter, and more than who use LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Instagram
Post – Click Engagement
Google+ refers the most quality traffic: 2.45 pages per visit
User Interactions with brands’ Post
- FB – 0.073%
- G+ -0.069%
- Twitter – 0.035%
Google+ generates nearly as much engagement per follower as Facebook & nearly twice as much as Twitter.
Google+ Engagement tips
Much to using Google Plus page, you need to learn a few tips to boost or attract more engagement with your followers. Below are some tips you can do:
1. Perfect Your Profile:
Your profile and hovercard is the first impression and entry point for your audience. Every element of your profile should reflect your brand identity and personality.
Profile & Cover photo:
Use a close-up photo of your face, or in case of business page use a company logo. Add a cover photo to showcase your personality and brand
It is searchable with Google+. You have to show people why they should listen to you.
Take notes from other Google+ bios that you like and write something similar.
2. Create and Manage Circles:
Find and add people to your circles who share your interest.
Look to create circles of people who are regularly engaging with you – then build the relationships. These people will turn into your 100 brand evangelist!
3. Sharing with Public means everyone can see your posts.
- Always make sure you select ‘Public’ option to maximize your post engagement across Google+.
- Adding a specific circle and clicking the ‘notify by email’ checkbox may lead to an undesired effect. People can feel spammed if they don’t know you.
In your ‘Home’ stream you can see what your Circles are sharing with you. However, you decide what is shown in the All tab and you can choose a different setting for each of your Circles.
You can add anyone to a Circle even if they are or are not friend. There’s a limit of 5,000 for the total number of profiles that can be included across all the circles. This includes +pages
4. Get involved and be active:
- Go to the “Explore” tab, see what others are sharing, comment on numerous posts a day.
- Don’t just comment on ramdom posts, make sure it is something you know about.
- Your comments should show people you understand & care about the subject.
- Avoid brief comments like ‘Great post’ or ‘Thanks for sharing’.
Comments that add value to the conversation will help you build relationships.
If applicable, use Hangouts for product demonstrations or industry debates, the face-to-face time puts a personality behind your Google+ profile.
5. Join communities:
Find and engage in industry-related communities, it is a great way to meet new people, learn and expand your brand reach.
Once you’ve identified and joined relevant communities, make it prior to participate regularly.
Be sure to actively ask & answer questions, as well as share valuable content (according to community guidelines) to fuel engagement.
- Don’t only share your own stuff.
- Don’t just post links and images. Describe why you are sharing them.
- Don’t share same post in multiple communities. Sharing exactly the same post with multiple communities could be seen as spam.
Anatomy of Engaging post
- Give your post a title and make it bold, by enclosing it with (*) asterisk.
- Use underscore at the beginning & end of the sentence to make it italicized.
- Take a few sentences to explain what you’re sharing. Tell people what it’s all about.
- G+ automatically adds related hashtags for you based on your content.
- If you want to grab someone’s attention when you share in G+ try mentioning them using the ‘+’ or ‘@’ signs,
In Engaging Post (Images)
- Asking a question opens dialogue, and encourages a response. It is one of the simplest, most straightforward methods to encourage conversations.
- Google+ is a highly visual platform, so include photos, GIFs and videos to make your post appealing and encourage interaction
- Monitor your comments to quickly answer or concerns.
The more you share to your Google+ profile or business pages, the more you will get your name out there.
- To be active, look to create posts atleast a few times a day.
- Share content from your industry regularly
- Only 20% of content should be promotional
- 80% of posts should be entertaining & educating
Building and Sustaining relationships
Tip 1: Use Circlecount, Circlescope and Nod3x.com to find the right people for your business
Tip 2: Create a notify circle! Aim to ‘spend time’ online with people you’d like to spend time with offline
Tip 3: +1/comment and re share the peoples content (a lot), especially in the early days.
once people are starting to ‘know your name’ then they may well circle you back
Tip 4: Use Hangouts to connect
Tip 5: Create rockin’ content, for free that gives people a reason to visit your website.
(this becomes the social to site link, enabling you to generate leads and remarket to them too.)
Use Hangouts-on-air to connect, build trust AND create fresh, regular content too.
How Does Remarketing Work
- Your content surfaces in Google search
- People visit via search
- People, including you share it via social
- People visit via social
- The right people ‘engage’
- You have awesome content on your website
- People visit other sites and see your ads
- They return and purchase/enquire!
A pot of gold right here. I hope you learned from what I shared from Martin Shervington as much as I do. 🙂 I will be sharing more Doable Digital Tips from the experts themselves on my next articles. And thanks for appreciating my posts! I hear you. 🙂 See you around!